Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"change to version" in drawing gone...

Dear all,

I am experimenting with the PLM / PDM side of Onshape and run into to following situation:
- I modelled a part
- I made a drawing containing this part
- I released the part (not the drawing)
- Then I tried to release the drawing and then Onshape tried to release the part again, so to B. This is unwanted.
- Found a solution by "relate to version" so the drawing is specifically looking at the released version of the part. 
- Now I can release the drawing without creating a new revision 
- Next step is to further work on the part. Implementing changes.
- Now I want to let the drawing look at the latest part version again....but I cannot find the "change to version" option anymore...It is not in the RMB options anymore...I tried creating a new version, but no succes.

Can anyone tell me how I can make the drawing look at the latest part version again?

Best regards,
Dennis Varkevisser

Best Answer

Answers

• Dennis_VarkevisserDennis_Varkevisser Member Posts: 15 PRO
    Thanks Tim! That did the trick!