Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tangent mate - an error occurs

Hello!

This time I'm looking for some help with tangent mate.
I've made tangent mate, but it seems to not work as I expected.
One time it doesn't follow recurved surface and stops with error.
Sometimes it follows an angle and then breaks with error.
Error occurred in 100% trials. Every trial was different (movement of parts).

What could be wrong? 
As far as I know in assembly parts don't interfere with themselves, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe problem happens because one is flat surface mating with flat/recurve surface?

FT

Comments

• matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
    @filip_tomaszewski if you add copy or edit privileges to the shared document I'd be happy to see if I can help you find a solution.
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    Tangent mates is one of the only mates that seems to cause me trouble too. It will be fine one moment and then it breaks unexpectedly, often flipping the outside or inside of the mated surface.
    Would really like some guidance on this.
  • filip_tomaszewskifilip_tomaszewski Member Posts: 5 EDU
    edited August 2020
    @filip_tomaszewski if you add copy or edit privileges to the shared document I'd be happy to see if I can help you find a solution.

You should be able to export and edit document right now from this link.
    Without your e-mail I cannot change sharing privileges other way.

I've found solution which I could name 'ball bearing' according to book I use.
    I've applied tangent mate to small ball and surface which it has to follow.
    To simplify connection I didn't change trolley part. The ball just stays in it.

You can find my new solution in tab called As2

@gws50 if that's gonna help you somehow, check tab called As2, which I said about above