Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Certification Early Visibility Program- Calling all Onshape Users!

KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
edited August 2020 in General

Onshape has reached the testing stage of a professional certification exam. We are looking for a limited number of volunteers to “test” the test. Note, the exam is still subject to change before release. The exam evaluates a user's ability in several different core Onshape topics including part modeling, assembly modeling, and data management techniques. 

If you take the exam and pass, you will receive a certificate, when the exam is released. If you take the exam and do not pass, you will be eligible to retake the exam at no charge when it is officially released sometime in the next few months. The exam is open to all users regardless of subscription type.

Applications are due by Sept 1.

Applicants will be admitted mostly on a first come, first serve basis although there will be some exceptions to diversify the applicant pool (different plan types, different geographies, etc.). The exam is free for the users in this EVP-program. In exchange, the requirements for admission are:

• Agreement to fill out a short survey regarding your experience following the exam

• Ability to take the exam within 1 week of being notified that you are selected

• The exam requires to be taken in 1 sitting, and can be as long as 2.5 hours (most users who have attempted it have taken between 1.5-2.5 hours to complete)

There are a limited number of testers required. So it is possible that even if you apply, you will not be invited to take the exam or you will be held back to take the exam at a later date. You will be informed of your status and your test taking window within a week of your application.

To apply to be part of this EVP program please fill out the following form

Comments

• cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    There are still a limited number of test spots available! If you are interested please sign up soon!
  • dave_cdave_c Onshape Employees Posts: 42
    Based on initial results, we have expanded the limit to allow more early test takers. 

A gentle reminder that signups for EVP test spots will close Sept. 1 and that for earl test takers, both the test and if required a retest after release are free of charge. 
  • jayson_englandjayson_england Member Posts: 6 PRO
    Is this intended to be an industry certification type exam? 

• dave_cdave_c Onshape Employees Posts: 42
    This test certifies professional level proficiency using Onshape for mechanical design.
  • tabetha_bulnestabetha_bulnes Member, Developers, HON-TS Posts: 22 PRO
    @KatieHuffman
    I am having difficulty logging into the Certification Enterprise. Neither my Cad.Onshape nor my Enterprise Ping ID passwords are working. Do I need to request for a new password for the Certification Enterprise?
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point you should get an email (mine was from Lou Gallo) inviting you to join Onshape's test account company which gives you enterprise access.
  • yong_kimyong_kim Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I took the verification and got the following results.
    It demands application skills combined with fierce concentration, so I could not expect good results.
    I finish the verification review in anticipation of better results next time. -With respect

• BogdanBogdan Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Looking at the results of my certification test, I find it difficult to understand what question, from the modeling section, I failed to solve correctlly. The Onshape documents were named 1 to 10, but the results are marked A to E. There are 10 results for 10 questions, but the order in the results page seems different, than the order of the questions during the test. I have the impression that my last question, during the test, was testing the design changes competencies, but the associated result is 6th on the list. It would be nice to have a better correspondence between the questions and the results. Over all good job.

• Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    @Bogdan you were much quicker than me... I didn't make it past ex 3! :(
  • BogdanBogdan Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    It is common, for certification examinations, that you have to keep a very high working pace and make use, as much as possible, of the shortcut keys, in order to gain time.

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Bogdan said:
    Looking at the results of my certification test, I find it difficult to understand what question, from the modeling section, I failed to solve correctlly. The Onshape documents were named 1 to 10, but the results are marked A to E. There are 10 results for 10 questions, but the order in the results page seems different, than the order of the questions during the test. I have the impression that my last question, during the test, was testing the design changes competencies, but the associated result is 6th on the list. It would be nice to have a better correspondence between the questions and the results. Over all good job.

This is good feedback on the report- thank you! The report does not put the modeling questions in order (I have not figured out how to change this yet). But it might be better to match the counting numerically instead of doing it alphabetically.
  • scott_price144scott_price144 Member Posts: 3
    I am very much interested in this. My state only acknowledges Inventor and SolidWorks Certifications for Engineering students. So far, we're one week into OnShape, I much prefer this platform to SolidWorks which is the platform my curriculum uses.
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Thank you all for participated in this early visibility program for certification. We have gathered a lot of feedback and data to improve the exam and experience and are working to finish the changes we plan to implement! The EVP is officially closed!
  • Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    It was interesting to do.  I've not done a professional CAD qual before and just wasn't prepared for the speed you have to work at, even though I could do the tasks.....maybe a SlowPro qual :)
  • mike_hölschermike_hölscher Member Posts: 105 PRO
    I was fun! Glad I could heIp. I also never did a CAD certification test before, so I really did not know what to expect, but I scored above expectation  B)

@KatieHuffmanAny idea when the program will officially launch?