Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Draft tool

timo_schmidtimo_schmid Member Posts: 36 EDU
Hi everyone,
I hope this is no stupid question, but I don't manage to get rid of red circled part, when using draft.
I would want to angle the surface in the front (just like on the picture), but without automatically extending it over the surface in the back. How is that possible?
(Note: both blocks should remain just one part)
Thanks for your help,
Timo
Tagged:

Answers

• BMcGaffeyBMcGaffey Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Try extruding both of the blocks as separate parts, applying the draft to the closest block there. Then use the Composite Part or Boolean feature to merge the two parts. 
  • Dan_KaneDan_Kane Member Posts: 1
    Alternatively, you can split the top face using the Split feature and apply the draft to only that face. Make sure to de-select "tangent propagation" in the Draft feature.
  • timo_schmidtimo_schmid Member Posts: 36 EDU
    Thanks for your answers.
    @BrendanM, I was hoping to avoid making separate extrudes, but I might have to settle for this solution. Thanks anyway

• BMcGaffeyBMcGaffey Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    @timo_schmid, I think that @Dan_Kane's solution is more elegant, and leaner! Glad to help out any time. 

Cheers,