Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I set the sweep path to stop at a certain face of another part in a project?

largo_cbalargo_cba Member Posts: 5 EDU
I guess a picture works better than an explanation:

All I want to do is to make the part that is diagonal to "stop" or be cut right at the edge of the other two pieces. 
How can I do that?

All I want to know if there's a way to make it look like this:

Please do note:
The "metal" legs are all hollow, I think I made a mistake making them hollow first but I didn't know how to make them hollow afterwards.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I ended up doing it all again, with solid legs, and then just used the Shell command left and right with the same measures that I was building the sketches from.
  • Options
    I'd do the sweep as you've already done it, then use the Replace Face command to edit the end to match what you want to match. However, for the kind of work it looks like you're doing, check out the awesome Beam custom feature by @NeilCooke

How do you use the beams script? Is there a tutorial or something? I don't know how to make the script be available in my project.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    @largo_cba
    if you click the "+ Custom Features" button you can pick "Beam Feature", then it will be added to your list of custom features at the right side of your feature menu. There are a ton of good custom features out there. Get started exploring by clicking the "learn about featurescript" button at the bottom of the "add custom features" window.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Another way to accomplish what your looking for using an extrude up to face instead of sweep.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ecc8d10f39fa36bfe732e601/w/927b2888722ef93e0fa728e0/e/be557310068a83699a976a0a