Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Im trying to determine which constraint to use

I have three parts.  The first part fits through the second and the two rotate w.r.t. each other.  The third part fits in a slot on the second and slides w.r.t it.
Ive established a rotating constraint between part one and two which functions as desired.  I can get the third part to slide in the second with a sliding constraint but I can't get it to rotate with the second around part one.

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Your question is difficult to answer without sharing a link to a public document. Please read the Forum Post Checklist for hints on how best to get your question answered.
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO

Is this what you are after?  Fix the blue block, Cylindrical mate dark grey to blue, Slider mate light grey to dark.

www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    michael_marriammichael_marriam Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for responding to my post.  My slider moves horizontally in slots in the part that rotates.  I'm willing to share my assembly but apparently I would need your email address.
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    you should just share a public doc URL.  Here are instructions.

Sharing it will get you a ton of help from the generous folks in this forum community.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    michael_marriammichael_marriam Member Posts: 8
    I figured it out.  I used a slider mate, which I failed at before because the z axis wasn't pointed in the direction of desired motion.  I managed to find a connection point that resulted in the z pointing in the direction of desired motion.