Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Joint Smoothing Problem?

Hello,

I'm trying to joint 3 pieces together. I put a .5" fillet on the edges of my pieces, and am trying to somehow smoothen the triangular shape of the blue piece that appears. Does anyone have an idea of how to do this?

As you can see, I don't want to put a fillet on the bottom or side edges of the dark blue piece or it will take away from the smooth transition between  it and the other pieces. I just want to remove the triangle that is formed.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, I really appreciate it!

Best Answers

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @yuval_mader

Revolve set to Remove

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @yuval_mader

After looking a bit more at the pictures you posted, it seems that not everything is at 90° angles to one another. And this will make a difference in how you make the round or fillet at the inside corner

Because of the above, I employed the USE TOOL And then did a LOFT with GUIDE

Take a look at the 3 GIFs below

Answers