Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Self Assessment Answers

jason_nicholas_jthsjason_nicholas_jths Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited September 2020 in Learning Center
Hi.

My students are going through the learning CAD Basics learning pathway.  I have a couple of questions.

1.  As a teacher, can I see their progress and completed self-check assessments?
2.  Is there an answer key for the self-check assessments so that they know what questions they got right/wrong?

Attached is short video clip of assessment. 

Any information is helpful as Onshape is a new and wonderful world to me.

Thank you kindly.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYQbIvJC1c

Answers

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    Hi @jason_nicholas_jths! Welcome to the forums. I'm not an Onshape employee, but I believe the answers to your questions are:
    1. There isn't currently a way to track progress in the learning center from another account as far as I know. The workaround is to have students send screenshots once they complete a section.
    2. When you submit an answer for the self-check, it will tell you whether you got it right or not. If you get it wrong, it will tell you what the right answer was and will give you a link to a solution document so that you can learn from it and try again. That looks like this:

I hope this helps!
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • jason_nicholas_jthsjason_nicholas_jths Member Posts: 3 EDU
    @alnis_smidchens.  Hi. Thank you for your response.  

1.  Thanks for the work around tip.
    2.  I am not seeing the answer responses.  Maybe it has to do with the type of assessment.
         Here is a short video clip.  
    https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYQbIvJC1c
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @jason_nicholas_jths

@alnis_smidchens is correct- currently there is not a way to track the students progress.

However we did provide public documents of all models in a completed state- so you should be able to decipher the correct answer from there. There are a handful of quizzes throughout the Learning Center that are not modeling questions, that currently we do not provide an answer key- I will add it to our to do list!

• Glenn_BabeckiGlenn_Babecki Member Posts: 22 EDU
    Unless I'm missing something in the responses to @jason_nicholas_jths question, I have a similar question having (finally) started the self-training. I think the point of the question was for the Q & A portion of the training and not the CAD exercises. When you complete the self assessment questions it only tells you the percentage of correct answers. The summary does not tell you which questions you go right or wrong irrespective of the correct answer. I can understand if the training wants you to go through the section material again rather than divulge the answer, but at least indicate which questions were wrong.

Regards,
    Glenn
  • eric_brunelle140eric_brunelle140 Member Posts: 1
    This is a real problem from an instructor AND student perspective.  On the spacial reasoning exercises, if they AT LEAST told you which one you got wrong, then it would help.  I am forced to ignore these exercises, since I can't keep going through them trying to guess which one I got wrong. I could help my students with tips to solve, but this is just way too time consuming.  Teachers need an answer sheet in order to effectively communicate the best methods for problem solving.  Not to mention the fact that as teachers, we many times are using faulty lessons.  At least we can figure those out and make the lesson work.

I just create my own lessons, and ignore those self-checks.  When we are done with COVID, I'll be back to using Inventor.