Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rev Table

wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
Has anyone ran into the problem of the rev table data not matching the part rev. I created a new drawing of a part that will be released as rev B, when I insert the table on the drawing it is showing that the rev will be A. It seems that there should be a way to force it to B but I have tried everything I can think of, what am I overlooking? 

Comments

• PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Did you raise the rev of the part or the drawing? I use the part/assembly rev property when making a drawing instead of drawing rev so that it will update with part or assemble. 
    Drawing and part/assembly properties are not the same. All the properties below are available on drawings.

BOM showing part/subassembly rev

Drawing properties

Assembly properties

• wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    I want the table to use the part rev however it seems to be using the drawing rev. Even if I bump up the drawing rev it does not seem to change the rev in the table. I do use release management.  
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Sorry cant be more help. Not using release management so not even seeing icon for revision table.
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    The Rev table uses the drawing rev. I believe if you bump the drawing rev, the table will not reflect the change untill a release of the drawing is submitted. I personally display the drawing rev and the part rev in the title block. If the drawing changes then the drawing rev bumps and the change is recorded in the table. The part rev stays the same which is ideal. If the part changes, the part rev bumps, the drawing rev bumps and the change is recorded in the table. All bases are covered this way and as the drawing is at the top of the hierarchy, everything gets recorded. If you managed to set the table to track the parts rev, you would be risking not recording everything as the table would not be recording drawing specific changes.