Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Anonymous links with expiration

Mehul_GalaMehul_Gala Member Posts: 25 PRO
Our company's IT department is expressing some concern around the maintenance of our anonymous links. We have a habit of sharing anonymous links for quotes (for example) and then do not maintain the permissions and allow it to remain active creating a potential risk. A suggestion they made was to suggest a product enhancement to Onshape that allows these links to expire after a prescribed period.

Does anyone have any different recommendations to handle this situation that do not require this kind of solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Comments

• shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    Nope. I don't see any better way. I also want to be able to have the choice to assign a time period for a share after which the share disables automatically. I would also love to be able to allow the prescribed time period to start after a chosen item has been released. I would like to share something indefinitely until it is released, after which, the Sharee has some time to continue examining what they consented to being acceptable.
  • matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
    @Mehul_Gala, this is a great point that you have raised.  Link sharing it a tremendous tool, but not without risk.  I would love to see additional tools for controlling document access privileges.  Setting an expiration date like you propose certainly sounds like a good idea to me.

Additional functionality might include:
    1. Share a link with specific individuals (assigned to their email address)
    2. Revoke shared link to specific individuals, by email address