Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I set a line to be an specifc angle to another line in a sketch?

karl_mochelkarl_mochel Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
In something like the following, how do I make the blue line 15° from the construction line?

Looked up Angular dimensions in the manuals but didn't see anything. 

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Click the dimension icon, click the two lines, place the dimension.

https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/sketch-tools-dimension.htm?Highlight=angle
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    Placing a dimension between 2 non-parallel lines gives you an angle.
  • karl_mochelkarl_mochel Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Thanks! What confused me is that when you click on the 1st line you get the line's dimension so I couldn't see how I would get the option to do an angular one and you don't get feedback that angular is possible even when hovering over another line. Have to click that line to get the angular tool. Also when I searched help the page listed did not show up.

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    There are also free tutorials here: https://learn.onshape.com
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • karl_mochelkarl_mochel Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Thanks! What confused me is that when you click on the 1st line you get the line's dimension so I couldn't see how I would get the option to do an angular one and you don't get feedback that angular is possible even when hovering over another line. Have to click that line to get the angular tool. Also when I searched help the page listed did not show up.