Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

sketch offset with inner + outer corner fillets doesn't work as expected

UlrichHanischUlrichHanisch Member Posts: 11
Hi all, I've created an L shaped extrude with fillets at the inner and outer corners of the L shape. Then, I've added a new sketch at the front face of the L and I've tried to use offset function to get the L shape, but with 1mm offset to the inner of the contour. Onshape creates the offset, but ignores the radii from the outer fillets. Why this? And: how to fix it?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/29bfd00f1d7012e13390f9d7/w/41ffd2aa6fd8e281a57d6a60/e/c347b74f3d61ba22095fc876

Answers

• shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    @UlrichHanisch
    Did you fix it?  I'm seeing offset radiuses in the sketch when I view your document.
  • UlrichHanischUlrichHanisch Member Posts: 11
    I've tested again right now, but no chance to fix it. Actually, there's a Skizze 2 in the PRT and when change the offset dim from +2 to -2 and back, you'll see, that there's no chance to get a correct offset for the whole contour.
  • UlrichHanischUlrichHanisch Member Posts: 11
    It was identified by support as being a bug, and hopefully, it will be fixed :-)