Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

FEATURE REQUEST: Custom mouse controls

igor_ordechaigor_ordecha Member Posts: 2 EDU
Onshape currently only 5 predefined mouse control profiles, Sure, you can add more(eg. for tinkercad and fusion360) but there will always be people not perfectly happy with the controls. I, for example, would like to use onshape settings but with Rotate and Constrained Rotate(I just hate "regular" rotation and I don't want to hold alt all the time) and I can't do that because no current predefined profile has that and there's not "Custom" option

Comments

• Eleanor_CoffinEleanor_Coffin Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Absolutely agree with this! I would love the option to edit those, particularly because I prefer Constrained Rotate.

I'd also love the ability to use "mouse gestures" -- so I could add something like RMB + move cursor up to open the "measure" tool, for example.
  • ian_wrzesinskiian_wrzesinski Member Posts: 2
    Agree 100%, although evenadding a profile that just switches rotate and constrained rotate would be really appreciated