Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part Numbers do not show in BOM (or anywhere)

Hi,
I just used the release process to release a few parts and assign automated part numbers to them. 
Now, according to the instructions here the part number column in an assembly BOM should be auto populated if numbers are present. 
Unfortunately, mine is greyed out. The only option when right clicking, is "exclude from BOM"

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Hi @Benjamin_Dellal - welcome to Onshape.

If you release some parts (but not the assembly) chances are your assembly is still using the unreleased parts - they should have a black triangle next to them to indicate they are a revision. Right-click the part(s) in your assembly and select "Change to version..." then select the black triangle in the dialog to change to revision. Your part numbers should then show up. 

Shout if you need more help.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • benoit_desjardinsbenoit_desjardins Member Posts: 4
    Hi there, I am also having the same problem with the part numbers not showing in BOM. When I try to update the version I get an error turning my part name red. Thanks, Ben