Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can you Add to a part and Remove from another when Extruding?

Hello Onshape Community!

I recently converting to Onshape from Fusion 360 (still slightly bitter about this but staying open minded here). I do mostly woodworking projects and create a lot of jointery. I typically draw up a piece, say a table, and then add the joints after. ( I know there are scripts for specific joints). 
For example if Im creating a mortise and tenon I usually just extrude the tenon and add it to one part and remove it from the other to create the mortise. Is this possible in Onshape? Is the only option to create another sketch of the tenon and remove that from the other part to create a mortise?
Does this is quesion make sense?

Best Answers

Answers