Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

add line break in dimension

Murray_2Murray_2 Member Posts: 12 PRO
edited January 2022 in Community Support
Is there a way to insert a dimension line break to keep drawings tidy? 

The red line in the attached image is where I would like a break.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Answer ✓
    I try to not make them overlap by removing the leader between the arrows and moving the 1.5 dim further down. You are absolutely right it should be able to do it - please create an improvement request in the category on the right —->
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    No, sorry 

I never knew that was a thing 
  • Options
    oh :-), It was feature in Creo that I used all the time.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I try to not make them overlap by removing the leader between the arrows and moving the 1.5 dim further down. You are absolutely right it should be able to do it - please create an improvement request in the category on the right —->
  • Options
    Thanks Neil, I'll give that a go, and make the request .
  • Options
    Reilly_PalmerReilly_Palmer Member Posts: 2 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi Neil, how do you remove the leader between the arrows?
  • Options
    @Reilly_Palmer you can only do it with an ANSI template, so if you want ISO you can start with an ANSI template and modify it to meet your ISO requirements (there is an option in the drawing properties panel to set text aligned with dimension - however, the text is still inline rather than above the dimension line which is not ideal). An improvement request to make this an option would go a long way ----->>>>