Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"XXXXX is already scheduled for an update...." Ok. When?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
I realize that we just had an update, so I imagine updating the feature library history of a ton of users documents takes time. I'm at almost 24hrs since I hit update. How do I know when this will actually happen? Is there any way to prioritize active documents?

Answers

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited January 2022
    @S1mon this is best to be sent in directly not posted here.  Paid users can send us a ticket and ask for us to do it manually on a per doc basis.  Usually within 3 days all docs are updated.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
    @lougallo
    I did send in a support ticket. I was just trying to understand if this was a common experience. Sometimes support is more accurate and direct, and sometimes asking a question here is quicker and more nuanced with real user experiences. 

It's a frustrating message since it gives zero indication of the timescale of the queued task - is it 10 seconds from now, 10 hours or 10 days? I've learned that imports and exports can be anywhere from seconds to tens of minutes - so I've gotten ok with that. Updating the feature library is not something that's typically a gating item, but in this case I'm trying to sort out a merge - which I can't do because the workspaces are two different versions of the feature library. It's still not critical - I have other things I can do - but it's frustrating.