Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawing Collaboration?

silassilas Member Posts: 2
When two people (both with access to the drawing package) are in the same document, it seems they cannot both access the same drawing tab at the same time. Is drawing collaboration something that will be supported in the future? Or will two people at least be able to view the drawing at the same time?

Best Answer

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @silas Thanks for noticing and mentioning this. Upon reading your post i checked this out and got a notice that collaboration is not supported in this tab. I also hope/wish that this will be available in the future.

thanks
    Dave
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @bobminer Hi bob I think that I would only be interested in using it basically just for something visual to point at during a discussion on the phone. I do feel that it may be too much to have two people actually editing a drawing at the same time.

Thanks
    Dave
  • bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    @da_vicki - Thanks.  That feedback helps.
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I would see collaboration possibilities in drawings, one is adding dimension, other notes and another user creating partial/section/detailed views.. but there should be certain restrictions on 'who is the boss' for moving things in place etc.. Or possibility to lock things?

Not a priority feature for me, but at least read-only and follow-me modes should be there before launch to keep the software consistent.

ps. When thinking stuff like this Ons could have some hierarchy in organizations where leader could assign tasks for co-designers.. 
    //rami