Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how to get the orthogonal drawing in Onshape to produce AS1100 conventions ?

darren_paynedarren_payne Member Posts: 3 EDU

Hi Onshape experts,

Can anyone tell me how to get the orthogonal drawing in Onshape to produce AS1100 conventions for the following:

- half sections for symmetrical objects and revolve PCD holes in sectioned views as missing below - I also can't get the 2 point centreline to work for some reason:

- how to get Onshape to produce a conventional thread in the orthogonal drawing and not as shown in the view below:

Answers

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 207 EDU
    For thread representation I usually do a rectangle sketch in the model on the plane you will be viewing in the drawing and then show that sketch to give the tramlines for the thread.  For holes these will be generated automatically using the hole tool.

Does the  section view button not do what you need for the section view?  What does it fail to do?