Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - April 5th, 2022

NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
edited April 2022 in New in Onshape
This latest release includes a number of highly requested Drawing improvements and a continued focus on usability and core modeling tools. Enjoy.

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS

BREADCRUMBS

Navigating nested folders and moving Documents between them is now much easier.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/hrvmgkls2h?embedType=iframe&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

CAD IMPROVEMENTS

FILLET IMPROVEMENTS

The Fillet feature has two new options, "Edges to keep" and "Smooth fillet corners", providing more control and flexibility over fillet geometry.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/9kpgbfgnr9?embedType=async&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=1280

DRAWING IMPROVEMENTS

HOLE CALLOUT OVERRIDES

Hole callouts can now be edited to change precision and tolerance values. Changes to these values affect all instances of the same hole in the drawing and are updated on hole tables.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/l4enyc5d4h?embedType=iframe&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

BREAK EXTENSION LINES

When dimensions overlap, Onshape now automatically breaks extension lines to make Drawings clearer and easier to read. Breaks can be overridden from the context menu or the Styles panel.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/turva2mmvn?embedType=async&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=1280

INDEPENDENT ARROWHEAD CONTROL

In the Drawing Styles panel, you can now adjust both arrowheads of the selected dimension(s) independently.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/lq809zpuui?embedType=iframe&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

TABLE ROW AND COLUMN SIZE

When resizing a row or column of a Drawing table, a tooltip appears showing you the width and height as you adjust it. You can also set a precise value for the size of a cell.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/75flexab1t?embedType=iframe&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

CUT LIST TABLE PROPERTIES

Cut list table properties can now be edited like any other tables in Drawings.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/am7k5ik1ud?embedType=iframe&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640

ENTERPRISE IMPROVEMENTS

UPDATED DASHBOARD UI

Analytics in Onshape Enterprise now comes with a fresh new look for better usability.

FEATURESCRIPT IMPROVEMENTS

TABLE PARAMETER GROUPS AND CONDITIONAL VISIBILITY

Custom tables can now include parameter groups for added usability. The visibility of parameters can now also be controlled based upon the condition of another parameter.

MOBILE IMPROVEMENTS

EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SUPPORT (iOS)

The iOS mobile app now supports external/magic keyboards. Enter text and numbers faster and use your favorite keyboard shortcuts!

LEARNING CENTER IMPROVEMENTS

ALL THE WAYS TO USE MATE CONNECTORS

We have released a new technical briefing focusing on all the different ways to use Mate connectors in Onshape Assemblies and Part Studios. This article is available to all Onshape users here.

VIDEO UPDATES

Check out the updated Section View video in the Navigating Onshape course to learn how to use the new include and exclude options. The Lines and Rectangle video in the Introduction to Sketching course now has a new section focused on Aligned rectangle. The Tab manager video in the Document Management course now includes how to batch export tabs. There is also a new video in the Linked Documents course explaining how to pin references and a new video in the Document Management course describing how to add properties to objects.

Please take a moment to try out these new features and improvements and leave your comments below. For a detailed list of all the changes in this update, please see the changelog.

Remember: The updates listed here are now live for all users when creating new Documents. Over the next few days, these features will also be available in Documents created before this update.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Comments

• ian_d_gardinerian_d_gardiner Member, User Group Leader Posts: 35 PRO
    Nice work Onshape. Keep it up!
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,695 PRO
    Many thanks Onshape team!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    Watching it live!
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    The new fillet options are really good. I don't remember having that kind of selective control for edge overflow and corners in other CAD systems. I'm pretty sure it's an all or nothing choice.

The dimension break seems pretty intuitive and clean too.

I will say I'm still looking for a face-face fillet, especially with an option to make a new surface...
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    It would be cool if each of these improvement posts referenced the completed improvement requests, and those requests were closed. (e.g. I'm pretty sure this one should now be marked closed)

Seems like a great opportunity to tally up the progress that's being made.
  • AngleCAngleC Member Posts: 6 PRO
    The explicit column width and row height control is very helpful in making drawing templates with title block and rev tables consistent and to pixel precision.
  • christopher_price883christopher_price883 Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Outstanding Onshape team! The addition of automatic extension line breaks is a welcomed feature!
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    edited April 2022
    S1mon said:
    It would be cool if each of these improvement posts referenced the completed improvement requests, and those requests were closed. (e.g. I'm pretty sure this one should now be marked closed)

Seems like a great opportunity to tally up the progress that's being made.
    They do get closed eventually and everyone attached to an improvement or support ticket gets notified. That’s @lougallo ’s job 😀
  • paolo_ciancipaolo_cianci Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    "Hole Callout Overrides"
    When will it be possible to translate or delete the word "thru"? We've been asking you for years.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Thanks for the improvements. Always great to get another update. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • brooke_spreenbrooke_spreen Member, Developers Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Woohoo, table parameter groups! Thanks Onshape :)
    Design Engineer | Anerdgy AG
  • thomas_gruenwaldthomas_gruenwald Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Hi Neil,
    again some great improvements!

In the fillet improvements video, you are selecting hidden edges. How can this be done? Any trick or keyboard shortcut?
    Thanks! 
  • sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    I really like the drawings updates! Thank you!
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Hi Neil,

In the fillet improvements video, you are selecting hidden edges. How can this be done? Any trick or keyboard shortcut?
    Thanks! 
    Hi Thomas - I shot the video that way to see if anybody would ask  :)

It's just the select other tool, which can be activated (on most keyboards) by pressing the button above the TAB key.
  • xTimRicexTimRice Member Posts: 59 PRO
    Drawings team putting in OVERTIME! Great set of improvements, especially those fillet changes :wink:

Handcrafted furniture in Boston
    https://thesmoothcut.com/
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En este enlace podéis ver las Novedades de Onshape en español:
    https://youtu.be/_8Z0gA9LAXk
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi Neil,

Thanks! 

It's just the select other tool, which can be activated (on most keyboards) by pressing the button above the TAB key.
    It is the Ñ key in a Spanish keyboard
    Osk
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Gavin_MunroGavin_Munro Member Posts: 14 PRO
    Another great set of updates. The drawing ones especially are always welcome.
  • Phillip_BPhillip_B Member Posts: 33 PRO
    emagdalenaC2i schrieb:
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi Neil,

Thanks! 

It is the Ñ key in a Spanish keyboard
    Osk
    And the ö-key on german layout (same location than your Ñ key. Not realy comfortable. Hope Onshape will soon support other keyboard layouts than the US.
  • KyleDarnellKyleDarnell Member Posts: 10 PRO
    I'm glad to see we are making progress in drawings. Great update!
  • Ethan_Deal_Ethan_Deal_ Member Posts: 7 EDU
    absolutely LOVE the improvement to the fillet tool!
  • Shubham_MishraShubham_Mishra Member Posts: 4 PRO
    edited April 2022
    Thanks for adding the break feature in extension lines, it will make sheets look more cleaner and professional. Liked the smooth corner feature in fillets too!
  • isaac_tavaresisaac_tavares Member Posts: 2
    Awesome! Onshape getting better and better and better.