Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Internal error - all drawings corrupted

bert_fouriebert_fourie Member Posts: 101 PRO
I have lately experienced internal errors on detailed drawings. The first time it happened I bit the bullet and re-did a few hour's worth of work. This morning when I opened a set of drawings I have spent two days on, it is again the internal error and red everywhere. I don't know what is going on, but it is a serious issue for me if I cannot trust Onshape to be reliable. What is going on? I logged the problem with Onshape support but need urgent resolution, I have a customer waiting.

Comments

• Options
    The problem was solved with help of support by "unhiding" all parts using "show all" and then refreshing the drawing - what I find strange is that I never hid any parts and neither did I see any hidden parts going through the process! It seems to be a recent problem with Onshape?
  • Options
    mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi @bert_fourie,

There was a bug in our caching mechanism. The process that support took you through is a way to force the drawing to recalculate the data it depends on.

That cache has been disabled for now and the bug is being worked on. Sorry for the interruption, please know that we treat any interruption to our service, like this, with the utmost seriousness.

Best,

Mike
  • Options
    Thanks for your support - I got a big fright thinking my work is gone. As always, Onshape came through! Thanks!