Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Issue: Solidworks and Step export issues

karl_mochelkarl_mochel Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
Have the following part I am trying to export to F360. I would have thought the problem was only with F360 if one format had the issue, but both Solidworks and Step have the issue.

Onshape Solidworks export imported into Fusion360

Onshape STEP export imported into F360

Link to Part: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/aa2d86bd4dd4b1f47d7d872c/w/cd62c457ab8d264ec0015982/e/b9e7c925dd98e387e988f390?renderMode=0&uiState=629eb2515bd54d50f0d460be

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    The acid test is to always re-import the file into the system that created it to see if the geometry error persists. The STEP file does indeed have the error shown above and you should report it as a bug. A Parasolid file (Onshape's native kernel) is fine though.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    karl_mochelkarl_mochel Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    It imports back into Onshape fine.

But the curvature combs look like the following and I think the discontinuity on the may be the issue. 

Is there a way to adjust the intersection of these curves though they meet due to a mirror function?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Change "front corner fillet" to be "radius" rather than "width" and the STEP file is fine. Still a bug, but gets you working.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI