Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sharing documents with non-Alpha users

julian_lelandjulian_leland Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 59 PRO
I have a document that has the Drawings Alpha enabled, which I'd like to share with other users. Is this okay to do, or will it break/expose something that shouldn't be?

Comments

• julian_lelandjulian_leland Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 59 PRO
    Just to clarify - I want to share the model, not the drawings. I don't care if they can't see/modify the drawings, I just don't want to get in trouble!
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @julian_leland Actually you won't be able to share the document at all with a user that doesn't have Alpha Drawing capability. I certainly hope for alpha to progress into beta sooner rather than later for this reason. I actually feel that it may be developed enough for beta, sure were missing a lot of functionality but were missing functionality in the modeling side also.  
  • bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    @julian_leland - Please contact @lougallo and we can discuss options to help you out.  In general, we're hoping to transition from drawings alpha to public beta asap.
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Typically you will see something like this:

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.