Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - November 1st, 2022

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 208 EDU
    THREADS, THREADS, THREADS!!!!!!!  <3
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to mention other small improvement added:
    Allow multiple users to simultaneously view Drawings in publications
    See Changelog

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    Henk_de_VlHenk_de_Vl Member Posts: 4 EDU
    But... is the personal message function in the Share panel not possible for the Free and Education plan? I don't see it.
    We spent several months (a few years ago) dealing with spammers that were abusing our high-reputation email service on Free and Education accounts to send ads. The only successful mitigation was to remove the ability to set a custom message on easily acquired accounts.
    OK, that's clear now. Thank you John.
    Henk de Vlaam [Onshape.NL edu]
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 401 PRO
    @emagdalenaC2i
    Nice find, thank you!
  • Options
    jelte_steur814jelte_steur814 Member Posts: 78 PRO
    For the surfacing improvement with the "adjacant faces": what situations are these actually useful for? the example on the bike frame just shows extra work required, but doesn't clarify what problem this improvement is solving. (I have some idea's but would love to hear from the OS team that created this)

kind regards

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    For the surfacing improvement with the "adjacant faces": what situations are these actually useful for? the example on the bike frame just shows extra work required, but doesn't clarify what problem this improvement is solving. (I have some idea's but would love to hear from the OS team that created this)

kind regards

That's what I thought when I first saw that example, but apparently that surface won't build without it on that model.

If the tube was solid, there would be two faces that could be used for tangency, so this allows you to select which one to use. Also, if you are using a curve or sketch entity, you can select an "unconnected" surface for continuity.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    cody_rees301cody_rees301 Member Posts: 1 PRO
    External threads!  Very exciting.

Is it possible to add a checkbox within the threading features to enable/disable rendering threads in 3D on the part?  I get that it can slow things down and isn't needed often, but it would be a very useful feature for exporting parts to be 3D printed.  Alternatively, it could just be an option when exporting parts to fully render threads or not.
  • Options
    alan_smith_16072alan_smith_16072 Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I agree with @amir_livne - Why not simulation for education?  Simulation is fantastic for education.
  • Options
    amir_livneamir_livne Member Posts: 76 EDU
    Despite the fact that I  have only students 50 students I absolutely agree with Ian_d_gardine and I really hope that Onshape will release the simulation for students as well  
  • Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 208 EDU
    For simulation with schools there is Onscale and if you need more (wind tunnels, CFD etc) Simscale also has a free tier and they both integrate with onshape.
  • Options
    martin_brodamartin_broda Member Posts: 2
    External thread is a huge disappointment. Why even make it if it's only for call out in drawing, but technically not visible / present?
  • Options
    Hi 
    External Thread - That's great !!!!
    Simulation - As a college lecture I'm very sad to hear that the simulation mode is not available in "Onshape Education". My students are one step before they'll enter to the real industry life and I cannot introduce them to that simulation. As you all know, that mode is part of "Solidworks Education". I'm wondering why ????
    Amir Livneh 

Totally agree with you. It is not good news not being able to work with our students features like FEA, PCB design or Render.