Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Only on some models : Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. Refresh the browser to cont

RichPennRichPenn Member Posts: 4
My user name is : richard_haynes953

The document in question is : Teaching Tech Parts Examples  (Tab name is "drill shelf")

My computer is Win 10 on Asus mobo  AMD3700  w/ 16Gb ram and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super - latest drivers and mobo BIOS updates.  Problem exists with Fire Fox and Chrome on some models only ...

Most documents work find but I have a couple that will not open, I get LOADING STUDIO and LOADING DATA then the disconnect message.

I have tested by disabling  the ethernet port and using WiFi connection but no change was noted so I don't think it is the network drivers .....

NOTES:
     I am able to open these same models with 2 other Win 10 computers without issue.
     Both of these computers are small laptops. 
     They are on the same network and the same router.
     They can open the model using either Cat5 or WiFi so I don't think this is a network socket issue.

I am at a loss trying to discover why this one machine fails to load the model when others will.  This happens with Fire Fox and Chrome.

I have flushed all cache for both Fire Fox and Chrome and rebooted the computer
     but I am still getting the Disconnect part way thru loading the model shown above on this one machine.

Is there an error log I can look at or is there a way to turn on error logging in hopes of finding what Onshape code is not finding?

Thank you for your help and for a really great tool !!

Richard

Richard - CAD/CAM systems engineering (Retired)

Best Answer

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Answer ✓
    You can also open the developer console in the browser to see if any error messages appear.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• bruno_van_rietbruno_van_riet Member Posts: 6
    I have the same problem
    I don't have this problem on another PC in the same network
    Sorry I accidentally deleted your "check" results post - did you get all green checkmarks on everything?
    Answer ✓
    You can also open the developer console in the browser to see if any error messages appear.
     https://cad.onshape.com/check
    I think the check is ok

I get this error only on some documents  and not on another pc in the same network ?

I have removed AVAST AntiTrack Premium and everything is working !

• kiël_coignaukiël_coignau Member Posts: 2
    Also with me the same problem. 

I was drawing and by confirming sketch I get this error. I can open all other drawings, but not this one. it seemed that there is a lot of drawing because I tried to recreate this and if I draw it smaller it works. if i draw bigger then i get the error again.

can sombody help me?