Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape for Android is HERE!

2»

Comments

• CypressCypress Onshape Employees Posts: 19
    @da_vicki
    Hahaha. Indeed.
  • lars_1lars_1 Member Posts: 1
    Great software, works fine on my Galaxy 10.1. What i'm missing is the the option to import files through the app - isn't that included ?
  • rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    lars_1 said:
    Great software, works fine on my Galaxy 10.1. What i'm missing is the the option to import files through the app - isn't that included ?
    Importing files from your device is not a feature yet; it will be coming in the near future.
  • chris_167chris_167 Member Posts: 4
    This is working great on my lenovo yoga 2, only thing is  I'm not able to sketch? Is this not implemented yet? Thanks. 
  • sharley_oliveirasharley_oliveira Member Posts: 1
    Hello fantastic news and rolled on my motorola x2 but in my samsung galaxie 8 with kit kat does not run right to not wheel graphical interface!
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited August 2015
    chris_167 said:
    This is working great on my lenovo yoga 2, only thing is  I'm not able to sketch? Is this not implemented yet? Thanks. 
    You should be able to sketch (with all devices), use feedback in app to create a ticket on this..
    //rami
  • julian_hardyjulian_hardy Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2015
    Awesome!

I've been dabbling with OnShape in Chrome on a PC for a while, but the Android app seals the deal for me! I've loaded it onto my Dell Venue 8 7000 tablet, and it works beautifully!

I can't recommend OnShape too highly enough for anyone who needs a free / cheap 3D modelling capability - e.g. for creating parts for a RepRap 3D printer (which is my primary interest). It’s far and away the best implementation of 3D CAD modelling that I’ve seen on a mobile device.
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    Awesome...Nice work from team.

I think it is better

1. if we able to activate or deactivate documents through our mobile itself instead of going to web.

2. if we are able to view all workspace(branches) of a document from mobile.Presently i m not able to change the one workspace to another work space in mobile. whichever document i used(or viewed) last time in web is available for access.
    Narayan_K said:
    Awesome...Nice work from team.

I think it is better

1. if we able to activate or deactivate documents through our mobile itself instead of going to web.

2. if we are able to view all workspace(branches) of a document from mobile.Presently i m not able to change the one workspace to another work space in mobile. whichever document i used(or viewed) last time in web is available for access.
    Thanks for the feedback Narayan. I take any advice from customers to heart.
    1. In the future, the free plan is changing and you will have a maximum of 10 private documents, but we are ditching the ability to activate/deactivate documents.
    2. I agree! Workspaces are useful in mobile. We are working on that in the coming weeks, in fact. Look forward to it in the near future. : )
  • sietze_blankerssietze_blankers Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately crashed within a minute or so on my samsung Galaxy tab3 10.1, running Android 4.4.2, kernel version 3.4.34-2435918, build number KOT49H.P5210UEU0CNK1, managed to make a model on my linux pc in the browser. loaded on the tablet with very nice graphics, but crashed pretty much immediately after that. every time. Keep up the good work and I hope to be able to get it working on my tablet. :)
  • aaron_zimmermanaaron_zimmerman Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately crashed within a minute or so on my samsung Galaxy tab3 10.1, running Android 4.4.2, kernel version 3.4.34-2435918, build number KOT49H.P5210UEU0CNK1, managed to make a model on my linux pc in the browser. loaded on the tablet with very nice graphics, but crashed pretty much immediately after that. every time. Keep up the good work and I hope to be able to get it working on my tablet. :)
    I have difficulties with stability on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (running 4.4.4 SlimKat).  I have a strong suspicion it is due to the GPU running OpenGL ES 2.0 rather than the recommended 3.0.
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    My device is not compatible with this version. I have a Galaxy Exhilarate smart phone. OS is Android 2.3, Gingerbread.  Looks like I missed the boat.
  • aaron_zimmermanaaron_zimmerman Member Posts: 2
    The OnShape app at first was unstable on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (running SlimKat 4.4.4), but I have been working with OnShape on my tablet today and it has been stable and great!
  • brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    On my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.4.2 I have what appears to be a screen aspect ratio problem in Onshape. Thumbnails on the Documents page render accurately as do sketches in studios. The studio display of objects however is heavily distorted and huge compared with the related sketches. Not looking for a fix but someone might be interested?
    On my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.4.2 I have what appears to be a screen aspect ratio problem in Onshape...
    Following up my own message... I have just realised that this tablet, and several other Samsung tablets, has a screen aspect ratio of 16:10 whereas nearly all other tablets follow the iPad lead with a 4:3 screen. As my Samsung phone with a 4:3 screen and the same version of Android works well it looks like I need to get a new tablet to give me the portability I would like.
    edited December 2015
    For information only; maybe the developers haven't come across this and will be interested?
    As part of my conversion to Oncad I have been modelling a kettlebell, the model can be seen at:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4a3935a8a22d446da21d90a3/w/a9f893d344214c75a4fa4bec/e/120ad6492b1a4330aea84425

The rendering problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet can be seen on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHtCjhtSec

Hello fantastic news and rolled on my motorola x2 but in my samsung galaxie 8 with kit kat does not run right to not wheel graphical interface!
    Hey @sharley_oliveira, could you do me a favor and submit a ticket for the problems you're having with your samsung device? You can provide this feedback through the app, if you open it and tap on the help icon in the actionbar.
    edited December 2015
    For information only; maybe the developers haven't come across this and will be interested?
    As part of my conversion to Oncad I have been modelling a kettlebell, the model can be seen at:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4a3935a8a22d446da21d90a3/w/a9f893d344214c75a4fa4bec/e/120ad6492b1a4330aea84425

The rendering problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet can be seen on YouTube:
    Hey Brian, I'd like to investigate bug you're having. That video is private on YouTube. Please make it public. Thanks!
    edited December 2015
    Cypress said:

Hey Brian, I'd like to investigate bug you're having. That video is private on YouTube. Please make it public. Thanks!
    I think it's public now at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHtCjhtSec

Awesome. We're going to look into it.
    edited December 2015
    On my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.4.2 I have what appears to be a screen aspect ratio problem in Onshape...
    Following up my own message... I have just realised that this tablet, and several other Samsung tablets, has a screen aspect ratio of 16:10 whereas nearly all other tablets follow the iPad lead with a 4:3 screen. As my Samsung phone with a 4:3 screen and the same version of Android works well it looks like I need to get a new tablet to give me the portability I would like.

It wouldn't be a problem with the aspect ratio of the screen. We don't discriminate :smile: 
    It could be an issue with the GPU of the device, or a custom ROM. Could you send us a bug report via the help icon in the actionbar of our app? That will give us the exact model number. Are you using a custom ROM by any chance? We've seen this same bug with someone who was using Slimkat.
  • robert_smith900robert_smith900 Member Posts: 5
    Having same problem as the OP with graphics distortion on a stock galaxy note 2. The only thing I've customised is using Nova Launcher so I can't see that being it. Possibly to do with android version or GPU. Anyways the browser version will be my main workhorse. Loving this, I really didn't want to have to bootleg solidworks!
    -- I make paintball stuff --
    Having same problem as the OP with graphics distortion on a stock galaxy note 2
    Can you send us an official bug report from the help icon in the app so we can get more info from your device? Thanks!
  • robert_smith900robert_smith900 Member Posts: 5
    Cypress said:
    Having same problem as the OP with graphics distortion on a stock galaxy note 2
    Can you send us an official bug report from the help icon in the app so we can get more info from your device? Thanks!
    Already did, yup.
    -- I make paintball stuff --
  • giacomo_ardesigiacomo_ardesi Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Having issues with latest update on my Sony Xperia Z2...always had an error on update attempt...so I unistalled but Onshape doesen't even do a fresh install now...so I can't use it anymore as of right now...any fix update coming?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    edited February 2016
    Having issues with latest update on my Sony Xperia Z2...always had an error on update attempt...so I unistalled but Onshape doesen't even do a fresh install now...so I can't use it anymore as of right now...any fix update coming?
    Error 505 by any chance? It is an issue with Google Play and Lollipop. Please see the comments in this post to see if it helps... https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/2714/improvements-to-onshape-mobile-february-15th-2016#latest
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • giacomo_ardesigiacomo_ardesi Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    Error 505 by any chance? It is an issue with Google Play and Lollipop. Please see the comments in this post to see if it helps... https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/2714/improvements-to-onshape-mobile-february-15th-2016#latest
    Yes, it's Error 505...I'll give a look at what you suggest. Thanks 
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    NeilCooke said:
    Yes, it's Error 505...I'll give a look at what you suggest. Thanks 
    We have pushed an update to Google play to fix this.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.