Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Pin-slot movement

ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 33
I have this flap that I want to have a displacement back and down, with the two pins moving in the curved slots. However, to start my headache, with just one pin with a tangent mate, two things happen: If I fix the slotted part, nothing will move. If I unfix it, then I can displace the pinned part back and forth which makes the other piece to move up and down, but it will not rotate around the pin. I guess for the same reason, when I try to add another tangent mate to the other pin, it shows as fail (red font).
I will appreciate any help.
The link to the document is https://cad.onshape.com/documents/185a0d0f952b54fd8d257124/w/e5d64523a1a8e94d8539ec4f/e/737b66723750621fe8be210c

Comments