Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I am trying to make a 3d/2d shape but there is no tool to make a 2d or a 3d shape.

Is there a way to fix this or make a shape? I need to do this for my class or I have to waste money on a coding professional. Please help me I can't even make a shape. Also does it not allow me to make a shape becuase im on a school account? This is not a joke I actually cant make a shape.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,437
    How far did you get? Signed in? Created a document? Follow the lessons at https://learn.onshape.com
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    HottestsauceHottestsauce Member Posts: 6
    Everything in Onshape is begun with a Sketch (shift+s or the button in the toolbar), inside of which you create 2d shapes and constructions on the chosen plane.  Then you use tools like Extrude (shift+e) or Rotate (shift+w) to pull that sketch out into 3d space.
    My tip for you is to get your hands dirty.  Don't get frustrated, don't actively try to design anything in particular, just mess around and see what things do