Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Where is the difference between these two marking colors?

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO
    edited October 2023

The yellow / orange are the selections you have made that your trying to fillet. The pink / magenta means that it calculated, but was unable to merge the fillet to the part. You can select "Detached fillet" And it will save the surface of the fillet so that you can merge it manually. 

I recommend splitting it up into multiple fillets. Perhaps one for all the vertical edges and one for all of the horizontal edges. This will help it calculate some of those intersections.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    @MichaelPascoe Thanks, but I meant the difference between the filled purple radius, and the non-filled lines

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Options
    I think I found the answer. The color filled are inner radii and outer radii are not filled or not visible, because the edge of the part is still visible in case of an error and hides the future radius.

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO

Oh, I see. Yep, that's right. The color is still there, the model is simply covering it up since it's a debug preview. If you hide the part, it should show the full radius preview.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎