Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

2024 Onshape feature wishlist

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭✭
With the last Onshape update of the year in the books what is on your wish list for 2024?

Here is my list:

- Sheetmetal loft
- Onshape CAM
- Improvement/update to LiDAR scan
- Sheetmetal formed features (louvers) 

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 234 EDU
    Hmmm.
    Propper dimensions for isometric views.
    Some access to the render studio on the Edu enterprise edition.

CAM would be nice aswell!

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 386 PRO
    CAM please
  • Options
    martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 335 PRO
    Not yet a list, but one thing: Something that lets us design tangent faces between other irregularily shaped faces easily, AND also at any specified angle ("Banana-Edges").

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 698 PRO
    Faster performance when many features on the same body.
  • Options
    GregBGregB Member Posts: 4 PRO
    edited December 2023
    Not yet a list, but one thing: Something that lets us design tangent faces between other irregularily shaped faces easily, AND also at any specified angle ("Banana-Edges").

This is a nice challenge and in fact one of the features in our latest release (1.174 on Dec15,2023) can help you out!
    I had a quick crack at it here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7110a3509e50f046a1d840fb/w/98ed330e5897a77ab1a158c0/e/45a47a40162d6c29536f54c0

It's also a really good test case for exploring some of our new measurements and diagnostics tools (face-tangent angle in particular), and also the use of these measurement tools when viewing a cross section.

Image here is with the connection angle at 10deg. The helper surface I used is hidden, but you can dig it out of my public doc. The connection on the left side is tangent

• Options
    Hi @GregB , thanks for trying this. These things sometimes happen, and while I can do tangents with the help of ... well ... helper geometry, I find 'tangent' angles difficult, especially when they are to apply constantly at all places along an edge. The reason I asked for this is that it would be very nice if the angle was just a parameter of the tangency, so there woud be no need to create too much potentially instable helper geometry.
    Linke this, but a bit more elaborate, and on a per path, profile or curve set basis.
  • Options
    paolo_ciancipaolo_cianci Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Create section view from a broken view
  • Options
    adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 260 PRO
    -Part Studio Performance
    -Large assembly performance
    -Parametric Sketches in Drawings
    -Better Interface for Released items (Parts, Assemblies, Drawings)
    -More Enterprise Customization
    -Advanced Workflow customization

Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,745 PRO
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    robert_johnstonrobert_johnston Member Posts: 29 PRO
    Overall improvement to sheet metal features. 

Sheet metal loft - not just for simple planar sketches

Rip cut on sheet metal between two 3D points or 3D sketch path.

Close up the relief on the corners.

• Options
    fstfst Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    A Maker license that contains a limited amount of private documents and CAM. For hobbyists and currently-still-hobbyists who want to iterate on an idea in their free time that, if it turns out well (which is still very uncertain) might be worth to manufacture and sell in at least small batches.
  • Options
    houston_lucashouston_lucas Member Posts: 2
    Now that we can make folders in the process tree, it would be nice to have the option of hiding all or supressing all in the folder. instead of selecting all manually 

This, a thousand times this.
  • Options
    Now that we can make folders in the process tree, it would be nice to have the option of hiding all or supressing all in the folder. instead of selecting all manually 

YES! 
    Proposed behaviour: On hiding a folder, all items inside get hidden, on unhiding it, it does NOT unhide all inside, but returns to the state before hiding. That way, unhiding a folder wouldn't unhide all the stuff inside that was hidden for good reason (like helper geometry, sketches, etc.). Only explicitely unhiding an unhidden folder again would unhide all inside. (That wasn't my idea, it is basically a proven standard in other CAD systems.)