Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Mountain biker, coder, podcaster, blogger, mechanical engineer, technology junky, coffee lover, husband and father of two!
- Last Active
- Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers
- Onshaper, avid mountain biker, outdoorsman, hockey goaltender, mechanical engineer, technology geek, blogger, podcaster, coder, husband and father of 2.
Hi,I am trying to change the properties in parts and assemblies as well as the drawing to reflect all the information I need on the drawing.Items I need in the part/assembly properties include but not always relevant are:-Project, Part no. Part description, BOM part no. (could be different to part no. if its a welded assy), BOM description, material as assigned to the part,Finish, with the option to put in a painted or plated finish, heat treatment, drawing dimension tolerances which depends whether it is sheet metal or machinedAll the above items need to be brought over into the drawings so the information is only inserted once when you create the part or assembly.For the drawings, Date created, Creators initials, approved initials and date, signed of initials and date.The revision level and description, this could be done in part or assembly.0December 2019