Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Mountain biker, coder, podcaster, blogger, mechanical engineer, technology junky, coffee lover, husband and father of two!
- Last Active
- Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers
- Onshaper, avid mountain biker, outdoorsman, hockey goaltender, mechanical engineer, technology geek, blogger, podcaster, coder, husband and father of 2.
Hi Lou, there seems to be an issue with downloading PDF documents from forum posts. The attachment to my post (a PDF attached to "App Development Newbies Guide") downloads with ' ' around it and these need to be stripped before the file can be recognised as a valid PDF. Any ideas? Cheers, Steve0November 12
I have taught Onshape for 2 years as an art course for kids so I am only familiar with it in a creative way. Right now, I have switched jobs and I am currently working with a manufacturing company that designs customized Air Handling Units (AHU). It is a very small company and at the moment, they only have one person using a software to do drawings for these units. Even though I have no engineering background I would like to incorporate Onshape into this company as a marketing tool.
I have been looking at the Onshape Bootcamp for a while and I am really interested in taking the course, but I noticed it is mainly for experienced CAD professionals. My question to you is, even though I am not a professional CAD user and have no engineering background, would the Onshape Bootcamp be able to give me a good enough foundation to learn how to work in an AHU manufacturing company like this?0September 30