Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Director of Technical Marketing
- Last Active
- Moderator, Onshape Employees
Good morning, dear Neil,I wanted to let you know about a development I'm doing in Feature Studio. I made it by merging two FeatureScripts, Parametric Curve and Parametric Surface, since the latter allows to express the surfaces through implicit functions. I found interesting to be able to express surfaces in parametric equations, typically given by variables u and v. I have not yet been able to solve several issues of this new feature. Mainly because I am a beginner in this Feature Studio, but I thought that maybe sharing it would have more interest and could solve issues such as making the closed surface becomes a part. Or solve surfaces that are very complex, but really fascinating.FeatureScript U and V Parametric Surface (First one to make it work)https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8974932fa73e7f12b3132625/w/b18e6bc56f2395f007e1a5e3/e/c94baf3ccc1ca6f79888a426FeatureScript U and V Parametric Surface - Splited Curves (Complex Surface example)https://cad.onshape.com/documents/89fd46ea90f73fd0db90b9ca/w/b35233a032edb352b1795ff3/e/4eac8ad3f0340ee3ffcec985Hoping that it will be to your liking.
Victor Hugo Astorga0January 18