Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
3D furniture design since 1998, manufacturing since 1972
- Last Active
- Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Configurations EVP, Graebert Ares Kudo EVP
Is there any progress with .skp import? Now it appears that I need this too..
I'm with you on this, but in the meantime why not create a named version every now and then for easier rollback?1
I suppose Onshape exports step ap 214 which is enough for data transfer between two modelers.
Step ap 242 would hold more information and would be better choice for local archive. If I have understood things correctly ap 242 would hold also material information and other manufacturing information that could be read also with ERP or such to recognize and handle the archived files better than 'dumb solids'.
For me it is not time for writing any IRs for this but I would like to raise some conversation on step ap 242 and it's benefits against 214.
Some information can be found here: http://www.ap242.org/1
And if you wan't to share only partial data, link it to another doc and share link to that document = permanent link, access without login to exactly the data you wan't to share.
Then with some further experience on paperless design-to-manufacturing, write an ultimate improvement request for superior MBD feature! You will get my vote for sure