Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
- Last Active
- Onshape Employees, Developers
@gerald_kreissig it involves a bit of surface trickery to build a robust helical 3D path for the rope, see this example, in the rope folder in the part studio: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a8f55… (View Post)1
@Alex_Huang006. There is currently no way to do this, but another method would be to create a configuration in the part that manually cuts the part to the shape you need and use that configured view … (View Post)2
@neobobkrause If you choose the sketch instead of the face it seems to work, unless I am missing something in your request. I made a copy here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f52aa59f46d278b6f5190… (View Post)3
@neobobkrause You can take a 2D sketch profile and use the split function with the faceoption. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/55b09bd496928d244a6d5b8a/w/8c4d36c87035a3cbee788120/e/f46326753b212304… (View Post)1
@StephenG You can insert a "layout" sketch modeled from a part studio in an assembly as a reference to work with. Fix the sketch in place in the assembly and mate to parts to the sketch. (View Post)2