Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape laggy?

duncan_laneduncan_lane Member Posts: 2
Whenever I use Onshape it is very laggy, if I move around my design it takes about a minute to load and whenever I click on a line or object it comes up with the message "One Moment...". It then stays on that until I refresh the page. I have checked my internet connection and it is very strong. My laptop also has a good graphics card and CPU processor.

Just wondering how I can fix this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    You are not alone. I have been noticing Onshape performance go downhill over the past year.  No matter what browser, computer, internet speed or provider I've used, the result is the same.  Slow, failing to load and their servers failing to respond.  They called drawings "resource heavy," but their examples in advertising and blogs seem far more complicated.  I've asked if they can share one and show how anyone else can do the same outside of their internal network and its fallen on deaf ears.    The image below is an example of what I see on a regular basis.   

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Hi @AuroraRon , Are you logging these slow documents with support? 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    I have in the past and nothing changes.   It's never resolved.