Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I'm the company admin. How do I set company templates for our drawings?

Hi,
I have created templates for my company.  Now I want to set them as the standard templates for all users in the company.  How do I do that?
I've found Help instructions for creating, editing, importing templates.  But not for setting your templates as the default for all users.
Thanks,
Andres

Best Answers

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited October 2018
    It's based on user history.

So you will need to share your template document(s) and then the user will need to browse to the template manually (at least once)
    after that, the last border they used will be "default", and any additional borders they use will begin to populate their template history like quick access.

I just created a shared folder and anything I want everyone to have I just dump in there. here you can see where I keep my borders

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited October 2018
    I have a global share setup for the folder 'library'. That's why I didn't have to share it. Come to think of it. We don't share much because the folders do most of that for us. 

• andres_dandlerandres_dandler Member Posts: 17 PRO
    Thank you all!  Very helpful.