Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Tab folder delete, UI improvement
I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how to delete a tab folder in on my documents. I had already removed all tabs from within the folder, but I was looking for a "remove" or "delete" option in the RMB menu or in the tab manager flyout. Eventually, I found a forum post explaining that the "unpack" option would delete the folder. I saw the "unpack" command, but I didn't think that would apply to my situation, so I didn't try it. I have two alternative suggestions for an improvement:
- Change the "Unpack" option to something like "Unpack and Delete Folder" so that it's function is a little more clear.
- Add a specific "Delete" option. This could be dangerous if there are tabs still in the folder, so there would probably need to be a prompt asking if they want to "unpack" first, or just delete the folder AND its contents.