Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I just started and can't figure this program out

alco933alco933 Member Posts: 19
I learned sketchup in one afternoon and drew something in a day or 2 but I have been trying to figure this out all day and can't even figure out how to play tutorial videos.
How can I learn this?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    learn.onshape.com has everything you need
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited November 2018
    Sketchup is a polyhedral modeler, good for creating images. Onshape is a B-rep modeler, good for creating real stuff.

I'm with Neil, dive into Onshape there's much more here.

What are you trying to do? Create a scene in a video game or create something on your desk? Onshape is tool engineers and designers use to design things you can hold in your hand. Me, I design a lot of medical products and injection molded parts. That's what this software does, it gives us the ability to create 3D in our computers to help with the manufacturing process.

You got be able to create a sketch and then extrude it. It's a simple pattern that's repeated many times to create geometry. Keep pick'n at it, it does build on top of it's self and learning is exponential.

good luck,