Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I mirror this feature?

chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
I can't figure out how to mirror the chamfered face around the mid plane on this simple part.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a976d65ae8944393a7fed430/w/ba535ab73499417da3a764e9/e/9ff0540a7280430c96bf461d

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • Options
    chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Guys.  Much appreciated.  

It would appear that in OS, you can mirror sketches or parts, but not features.  I think this calls for a "Feature" request to support, no pun intended!!
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @chris_155  Feature mirror/pattern has already been marked as feature request. @lougallo can add you into that request.

//rami
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris_155 said:
    Thanks Guys.  Much appreciated.  

It would appear that in OS, you can mirror sketches or parts, but not features.  I think this calls for a "Feature" request to support, no pun intended!!

You can also mirror faces... (check a box and pick the faces to mirror)

but at present there are stringent limitations on what faces can be mirrored, for instance, your chamfer "didn't make the cut", so to speak.

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Just to remember, face mirror has to be done within one part. Part studios easily make one forget that there is many parts involved.
    There is request also for multipart support for mirror/pattern features.
    //rami
  • Options
    3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    +1