Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to undo or remove a (split) command?

Aidin_GolrokhAidin_Golrokh Member Posts: 5 EDU
Hello everyone.

Here is the scenario:
I used split command on my circle and then used loft between a rectangle and the circle. I decided to undo the loft but still keep all my sketch drawings as they are. But I no longer want the split command on my circle.

Is there a way to just delete or undo the split command instead of deleting the whole circle and drawing a new one from scratch?

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Delete on part of the split circle, then extend the arc into itself
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • chand_bashachand_basha Member Posts: 63 EDU
                                    I didn't understand properly what you want to ask. But as far as I understand, you can delete the split command it self. Share the document I will try to find the exact solution.

Cheers
    chand.

@chand_basha
    I think he is meaning the spit command in the sketch for a circle
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Aidin_GolrokhAidin_Golrokh Member Posts: 5 EDU
    @chand_basha
    I am not the owner of the folder therefore cannot share it with a third person. Just note that there is no split command in the features list. When you split a sketch (a circle for instance) it stays with it. The only option, that I can see, is to delete the whole thing.

• chand_bashachand_basha Member Posts: 63 EDU
    Hi, @Aidin_Golrokh
                                     Excuse me for the late response, I was busy with my other works. Now I understand what you are trying to say, you won't get your both sketches as they were there previously by doing Undo. If you do Undo to regain your full circle you will lose your rectangle sketch.
                There are two ways,
    • If your rectangle sketch is not that much important then you can do undo
    • If Rectangular sketch is more important, then you have to build another circle from scratch
      I hope this will help you,

Cheers,
    chand

I know a third option:

Open the sketch.

Delete one of the arcs created  by the split command

Use the extend command in the sketch and extend the arc into itself
    IR for AS/NZS 1100