Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to set orientation of Derived Part "Sketch"

nicholas_withamnicholas_witham Member Posts: 13
I have created a document of standard steel sections with 2 part studios, 1 called rectangular Steel the other is Square Steel. I have a configuration table for each sketch to deetermine the size of steel I import to my other documents.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d5f4251246e657b5a9441d17/w/e4979b3335fdb9349b3d2c11/e/d6c1d8286eeae3e9e86e2d24

When I bring any of these into my current document (with the derived tool) I would like to be able to choose the plane on which the sketch gets attached to, and/or set the center position of the derived sketch.

Currently I bring the derived sketch into my current part studio, then I have to extrude it, then I can relocate/reorientate the part using the transform tool. This creates extra steps that i'd like to eliminate.

Does anybody see this as being possible?
If so, how?

Comments