Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Assembly Configurations - UX Tweaks
Hi folks. I'm loving where assembly configs are going, nice work!
I'm sure the devs are already all over this but a couple of things I'd like to see soon:-
The example below shows a single mate connector which can have its location selected via a configuration.
(1) I'd like there to be an icon in the feature tree that indicates that the mate is configured
(2) If I mouse over the mate in the feature tree I'd like it to show all the possible locations with grey mate connectors, the active config with a standard coloured mate connector, and dotted lines between them.
(3) If I mouse over the "1 selection" in the table I'd like the mate connector location it points to to be highlighted.
@malay_kumar Just in passing I've noticed some flakeyness in selecting locations for configured mate points. The locations highlighted just fine with the usual white dots but often when trying to select them it added an edge to the input field not the point location, and then the feature failed. If I cancelled the configuration and instead tried to create a new mate in the same location it worked just fine every time. I believe this is why I thought mate connectors couldn't be configured earlier.
Business Systems and Configuration Controller