Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape has stopped loading

AnotherOnshapeUserAnotherOnshapeUser Member Posts: 28 PRO
Onshape has stopped loading.  Erk.  

I had a long, twisted extrude with 500 sections in it, turned into one piece with a Boolean.  Then another.  Now, poof, Onshape does not work.  I just get a 'loading studio data' notice, and the arrows go around, but nothing loads.  What do I do?
thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Now I get an 'Access Denied'.  Hmmm.  There has to be a way out of this.
  • Options
    I tried starting a new version back before Onshape froze up, but I am stuck with the circular loading symbol.  I'm just going to close out and wait for an hour, maybe it'll catch up with itself.
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Sorry for the hassle. Please open a support ticket and we will take a look. 
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    @AnotherOnshapeUser once you get the Part Studio loaded, you may want to reconstruct it in a different way. 500 sounds a lot. Would it be possible to do 50 sections, then pattern that by 10? Please provide a link and we can perhaps find a better and faster way.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Please try doing a restore before the feature. If you have issues doing this please submit a ticket. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    @AnotherOnshapeUser you can restore to a previous point without opening the document. In the documents page, right-click the document and select “versions and history”. From there you can restore to a previous state. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI