Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export STL of Assembley with all parts in context

christopher_starkechristopher_starke EDUMember Posts: 8 EDU
Hello,
I have a large assembly that uses many unique and standard parts. I would like to export the assembly as an STL with individual parts. I would like it that when I open the parts in another software like Blender that all the parts open where they should in the exact same place as in the assembly. Currently, all the unique parts that were made in a part studio open correctly in context however the non-unique parts are not there and the standard content all opens on the origin clumped together.

Is there any way to fix this? Perhaps a way to move the assembly to a part studio and automatically making all the parts unique? I would really prefer to not have to reassemble all the parts in a part studio manually if possible. 

Best Answer

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary PRO Posts: 2,055 PRO
    Accepted Answer
    Create a new part studio in cotext.
    Do a transform->copy in place
    Select all parts

Then export the part studio

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary PRO Member, Developers Posts: 2,055 PRO
    Accepted Answer
    Create a new part studio in cotext.
    Do a transform->copy in place
    Select all parts

Then export the part studio
  • christopher_starkechristopher_starke EDU Member Posts: 8 EDU
    Wow thanks so much for the fast reply it worked perfectly!
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary PRO Member, Developers Posts: 2,055 PRO
    Cool :)