Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Views of multiple configurations of a part (or multiple parts) on a single sheet of a drawing
I seem to have hit a wall regarding configurations and drawings.
I have set up all the necessary configurations for a
part. Now, I am attempting to create a drawing that has a single page showing the same orthographic view of the same part in more than one configuration and one Section View that is Typical of all configurations.
It appears that even though I can create multiple configurations for a part, I can only show one configuration (or one part) per drawing. Is this correct, or am I just overlooking something?
I have attempted to:
- Change the Configuration and then go back to the drawing to insert a new View. It would still only insert the same Configuration I initially selected.
- Create a completely separate Part with a second Configuration. It would still only insert the same Part I initially selected.
Tried creating both parts in the same Part Studio and in different part studios.
- Create a separate Sheet in the drawing and insert a new View. It would still only insert the same Part/Configuration from the first Sheet.
Unfortunately, this is not what I need even if it did work, but I was trying whatever I could think of.
- Create an Assembly with the different parts set apart from each other, and create a drawing of the Assembly.
This worked if I was only showing the views set up in the Assembly, but not when I needed to insert a section, because it was sectioning the whole view, not just one of he Parts. I was also having difficulty aligning the separate Parts to look properly aligned in the drawing, even with some back and forth. It seems like there should be an easier way.