Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Importing 3D DWG to Onshape

daniel_cookdaniel_cook Member Posts: 47 PRO
Hi all,

A client has sent me a 3D DWG - can open in a DWG viewer and it rotates, etc so it's drawn in 3D. I am not sure if it was actually from a parametric 3D software or just drawn in 3D. Is there a way to tell, and then is there a way to convert it for importing into Onshape?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• daniel_cookdaniel_cook Member Posts: 47 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @daniel_cook - 3D DWG is not supported, but your client should be able to export in ACIS format (*.sat) and that should work fine.
    Thanks Neil - unfortunately it's not an option for me to ask them but I have colleagues who run Autodesk so I'll just hand ball it to them!
  • joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 149
    Daniel

You could also consider this solution for DWG 3D information.  Graebert has a DWG solution in our App Store for situations like this:

https://appstore.onshape.com/apps/Design/A6WITSUWP2GZQN5BX6HHCM2TNBVBEDABC34MIUY=/description
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.