Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Unable to link Conneting Rod with Piston and Crankshaft

noel_bergvallnoel_bergvall Member Posts: 3
Hi. I´m currently working on just some basic internals of a combustion engine however I´m unable to link the Conneting Rod from the Crankshaft to the Piston. The crankshaft rotates just fine and the Piston works as intended in the cylinder but when I connect the conneting rod to both no matter what mates I use I just can´t get it to work. For now i have reverted to just using revolutes for the crankshaft and rod, with a simple fastend mate for the piston since when i tried to fix it everything broke (nothing would move).
Any suggestion on how to fix it?
I don´t have alot of experience with Onshape so all suggestions might help

Here is the link for the document https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f84f734b8650d9069d781a55/w/d26fa991e68b39583278543c/e/85eee7f5f3321edc438eaab7

Best Answer

Answers

• noel_bergvallnoel_bergvall Member Posts: 3
    It turns out that a cylindrical mate between the conrod and the piston is the right answer, also i had forgot to fix the crankshaft so that it wouldn´t move. Thanks you just spared me another 3 days filled with anger :smile: