Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Suggestion: Disable Ctrl-S

dave_tarrdave_tarr OS Professional Posts: 2 PRO
I have a suggestion for a small improvement.  

Normally in a web page, if you press Ctrl-S a save dialog box comes up to allow you to save the current page as a .html file.  This happens in OnShape as well, if you forget that you don't need to save...   

It's not a big deal, but it does make me feel like a bit of a dummy for pressing it.  I think new users to OnShape might prefer it if that hotkey were disabled while in an OnShape document.  Just a small comfort improvement, and it might ease the transition for users like me who are accustomed to saving constantly in their CAD program.  

I don't know how easy this would be to implement, but I do know in a Google Drive document, when you press Ctrl-S nothing happens.  So it should be possible.  

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @dave_tarr There are a number of keys that are reserved by the browser and they change of various platforms. I can log this for you.. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.