Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wire harness in OnShape.

Hi all.

I'm trying to make a wireharnes layout drawing with pinouts in OS, and I'm having some trubles.
I've been using the wiring FeatureScript (works for some of the things I'm trying to do, but not all, like flatcabel).

The main problem I have right now is that I can't figure out how to attach the pinout in a good way in the drawing. I've tried to inser views of the connectors, but I can't get it to play nice.

I'm aiming for something closer to this:

I also trying to automate it a bit with the ability to select like 5 connectors on one side and 5 on the other with points as markers, but it's a bit tricky to make it work as I want to.

Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    john_hauckjohn_hauck Member Posts: 52 PRO
    I've been jumping through silly hoops just getting a wire harness to properly work with my top-level assembly.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/13000/wiring-harness-struggles

I'll be watching your progress here, because I'd like to see you succeed in this related endeavor.
    Are you starting with a "wooden wiring board" part to which you fasten the connectors?
    Maybe share your project? I'd love to peek at it.